This is a crockpot recipe!!!
I love, love, love, corn chowder and was dying to make potato soup, so why not combine the two and add beer?!?!
This recipe is for a potato corn chowder with a beer infused cheese sauce. I used Eureka! American Blonde Ale by Tree House Brewing.
This beer is brewed with mosaic hops so it has a very juicy, fruity body that compliments the sweetness from the cheese. The sauce blends perfectly into the creaminess of the chowder to create an awesome, sweet, flavorful soup.
10 Red Potatoes Diced
1 Package Frozen Corn
5 Tablespoons Flour
4 Ounces Cream Cheese (Best at room temperature)
6 Cups Chicken Stock
Basil To Taste
1 Yellow Onion
Oregano To Taste
Salt To Taste
Pepper To Taste
1/2 Cup Milk
4 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
1/4-1/2 Cup Eureka! With Mosaic
2 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- Peel and dice potatoes. Place potatoes in crockpot.
- Peel and dice onion. Pour corn into crockpot.
- Put diced onion, corn, salt, pepper, garlic, basil and oregano into crock pot.
- Add flour and toss.
- Turn crockpot on to high heat.
- Stir well.
- Cook for 4 hours on high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Cook for 3 additional hours on low heat. Stir occasionally.(At this point when I was stirring the potatoes were nice and soft so I started mashing a few each time I stirred to create an even thicker creamier potato texture.)
- In a medium skillet add butter, beer, milk, and cream cheese. Allow cream cheese to fully melt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cheese mixture to stew.
- Stir well to fully combine.
- Cook for at least 30 more minutes.
Naturally we paired this with grilled cheese, fresh tomato, and a glass of Eureka with Mosaic!
Thank you so much for reading!
If you’re interested in more food porn/beer porn check out my Instagram @Craft_Brew_Gal!
Please feel free to drop me a comment, always open for suggestions and constructive words. 🙂
Follow me on: